søndag den 26. maj 2013

Important information about this blog and its blogger

First, a few things about the blog itself:

This blog might contain ideologically sensitive material. I have an interest in things like gender and sexuality (and the queer community), religion, and morality. If any of those things might make you uncomfortable, I'd advice you to be wary reading my blog.

I don't take responsibility for any comments that might be made on the entries. I also won't delete or censor any of them (unless they're outright spam). A lot of blogs, especially ones that write about queer subjects choose to delete any comments that express homophobia, transphobia, biphobia, misogyny or anything like that - that's totally understandable and I get why, but I feel that hiding those things don't make them go away. So you might run into harmful stuff like that, if we're unlucky. That said, I strongly encourage anyone who might want to leave a comment to be civil and tolerant when they do so. Those things mentioned above get censored a lot of places for a reason. They suck.

Now. This blog is a personal blog, in the sense that I use it to write about subjects and issues that I, personally, find interesting and/or important. However, it is not a personal blog in the sense that I will share tidbits and such about my daily life - I have another blog for that (which I'm not going to share here). The majority of the entries here will be essays.

That said, most of the entries will be related to my personal life, so there are a few things that are relevant to know about me as a person:

I'm a nonbinary person, or androgynous, or genderqueer, if you prefer. That is, I identify as neither male nor female. Since many things in the society we live in are built around a binary gender system, the theme of gender is something that occupies me a lot. So you will likely see a lot of entries about gender on this blog.
(PS: Yes, I consider being nonbinary as falling under the trans* umbrella. I also know there's quite a bit of debate regarding that categorization.)

I'm a feminist, although that's a term I'm sometimes hesitant to use. I do not support misandry. I believe that men are hurt by sexism, too, and not just as a side effect of misogyny and the patriarchy. Calling myself an egalitarian might be more appropriate, but I'm sticking to the term 'feminist' for now, because I believe that feminism in its spirit ought to be egalitarian.

I don't have a political conviction. I'm still examining my options.

I'm an atheist; more specifically, I subscribe to explicit negative atheism.

I'm also a lot of other things, but it would make more sense to read about those things in my essays. Enjoy the blog (: